Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Space for layout


Here's the space I have available for the layout. It covers an area of 48in X 80in. Not bad, right? Except that there's a seriously slopey ceiling that starts at one wall, about 27 inches from the floor.

So I'll only get to use the entire space if I put the the layout 12 inches above the floor - which is impractical for a thousand reasons.

It probably makes sense to build some mountains into the most constrained side, and send the train through a tunnel there. I was also thinking it probably makes the most sense to put the layout on rollers of some sort so I can pull it out to work on.

It might also be nice to have some scenery painted on the surrounding walls.

Ultimately, there's probably some potential for nice lighting, since I've got a good amount of overhead space, at least on one side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should use CFL lighting only. it's most efficient for indoor lighting.